Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Monday, January 07, 2008
The list of exhibitors at CES that either license Tensilica’s Xtensa configurable or Diamond Standard processor cores or use Tensilica-powered silicon products includes: AMD, Atheros Communications, Belkin, Broadcom, Cisco, Cypress Semiconductor, Dell, D-Link Systems, Epson, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, iBiquity Digital, Intel, JVC, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Marvell, Mediaphy, Mitsubishi, Motorola, NEC Electronics, NTT Electronics, NVIDIA, Olevia, Olympus, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Validity Sensors, and XM Radio.
Some of the most innovative solutions on display that include Tensilica processors include:
- AMD uses Tensilica’s processors for audio and video functions in the Imageon family of Media Processors, which are used in mobile phones from Cingular, Motorola, Panasonic and Samsung; and ATI Radeon graphics chips with Avivo-HD UVD technology.
- Epson uses multiple Tensilica processors for the entire image processing engine in its latest inkjet photo printer lines.
- HP uses Tensilica processors in its popular low-cost Laserjet product line.
- LG Electronics uses Tensilica’s processors in their mobile phones for the Korean T-DMB and European DVB-H television services.
- NVIDIA uses Tensilica processors in high-performance graphics cards and chips for cellular phones.
- Samsung’s HD Radio chip set, which is based on a Tensilica processor core, will be displayed at the iBiquity booth.
- Syntax Olevia 7 Series 1080p 42" and 47" LCD TV displays and the 65” Olevia 265TFHD LCD TV feature the integrated Realta HQV video processing engine from Silicon Optix, a Tensilica licensee.
Other products from CES vendors using the Silicon Optix HQV chip include:
- Yamaha DPX-1300 high-performance digital video projector
- Mitsubishi HC5000BL 1080p LCD projector
- Samsung Blu-Ray DVD Player
Tensilica-based chips provide the wireless USB functions for notebooks from Dell, Lenovo and Toshiba as well as the wireless USB hubs and adapters from Belkin and D-Link.
Tensilica will be hosting meetings in its suites at the Venetian Hotel at CES. To schedule a meeting, please contact Toni Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org.